Who are the Rancho Simi Trail Blazers?
The Rancho Simi Trail Blazers is a volunteer organization of outdoor enthusiasts consisting of hikers, and naturalists. We are totally committed to the care and protection of our natural environment for the enjoyment of all. Here is what we do:
- Maintenance, development, and improvement of our trail systems
- Cooperative promotion between all its users
- Exploration of sensitivities through interpretive classes and organized trail activities
When were we formed?
As an organization, the Trail Blazers was formed in late 1992. Our first major activity as a group was to participate in the California Trail Days by clearing and cutting a trail on the Hummingbird Creek property; property which had been recently acquired by The Rancho Simi Recreation and Park District.
The Trail Blazers was formed to:
- Retain and enhance the open spaces
- Cut new trails
- Maintain existing trails
- Provide outdoor education for children as well as adults
- Create regular hikes and overnight camp outs for all to enjoy
Our regularly scheduled activities include:
- Tuesday evening beginner’s hike
- Thursday evening moderate to strenuous conditioning hike
- Saturday morning hike
- Sunday evening strenuous conditioning hike
- Trail Maintenance usually every 3rd Saturday of the month
- Monthly meeting every 3rd Wednesday of the month
- Monthly newsletter sent to all members
The major goal is to be of service to our community and leave something beautiful for all generations to enjoy.
Now that you know who we are and what we do, would you like to join us? We are totally committed to expending our energies toward a clean, healthy outdoor environment. Since this is an ongoing task, we need growth in our numbers. For more information, or to receive an introductory copy of our monthly newsletter, please call us at 805-584-4400.